Type S Contactors and Starters
The standard for flexibility, simplicity, and reliability.
Square D introduced Type S starter in 1965 and after nearly 50 years, it continues to be the industry standard.
Type S starters are easy to customize and provide excellent service life; just two reason why more electrical contractors prefer Square D contractors and starters to any other brand.
Why Type S is the industry Standard:
- Flexible with four overload relays: Motor Logic™ solid state, TeSys™ T communicating solid state, Adapted Bimetal, and melting alloy types
- Customizable with hundreds of combinations of contractors, starters and combination starters, pump panels, two-speed starters, reduced-voltage starters, enclosure options, and accessories
- Robust design and reliable build for long mechanical life and electrical endurance
- Serviceable by replacing contacts and coils rather than replacing the entire products; simply service the part that is worn out
- Simple catalog numbering for easy and fast ordering
- Bellcrank design promotes superior electrical and mechanical life
- Green Premium™ design reduces hazardous substances for RoHS compliance
- NEMA® Sizes 00-7 with horsepower range up to 600 HP @ 480 Vac
- Normally open (N/O) holding circuit contact for three-wire control is standard
- Sizes 00-2 contactors use a Class 9999 SX11 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact
- Sizes 3-7 contactors use a Class 9999 SX6 auxiliary contact as the holding circuit contact
- Size 00-1 single-phase contactors use a power pole as the holding circuit contact with the same rating as the power contacts